Water, Sewer, Refuse Rates
The quarterly rates for metered water furnished and supplied by the City within its corporate limits shall be as follows:
0 through 10,000 gallons Minimum charge
10,001 through 750,000 gallons $6.43 per 1,000 gallons
Over 750,000 gallons $4.85 per 1,000 gallons
These rates apply to residential, commercial, industrial, and all other kinds of usage.
Regardless of the meter reading, however, the quarterly charge for water service, including 0 through 10,000 gallons, shall not be less than the following minimum rates based on meter size:
5/8″ – 3/4″ $59.24
1″ – $156.95
1-¼” – $234.91
1-½” – $312.86
2″ – $500.99
3″ – $939.61
4″ – $1,556.36
6″ – $3,132.73
8″ – $5012.99
10″ – $7,206.11
Water services furnished to premises not under individual water meters shall be charged as follows:
- $58.66 minimum per living unit per quarter for multiple-family structures.
- $58.66 minimum per structure for community buildings, swimming pools, accessory buildings, and all other buildings associated with multiple-family developments.
- $58.66 minimum per mobile home in a mobile home park.
- The above minimum rates apply where the total metered usage divided by the total number of living units and structures is less than 10,000 gallons per quarter. All usage in excess of the aggregate minimum shall be billed based on the total usage.
Sewer rates shall be based on water usage as follows:
0 through 10,000 gallons $53.01 minimum
Over 10,000 gallons 3.79 per 1,000 gallons
Commercial or industrial sewer users not under the City or Montgomery County meter control shall have sanitary sewage flow estimated at the ratio of 35 gallons per day per employee. The number of employees shall be updated periodically by the City. Nothing herein stated shall constitute approval to discharge industrial or commercial wastes into the municipal sewer system.
- Total water usage during the third quarter bill shall be discounted by twenty-five percent (25%) of the total meter reading for those periods in determining the sewer charge for that quarter, except as follows:
- If a water user has a separate meter to avoid billing for sewer for water usage not tributary to the sanitary sewer as provided in this section, then the 25% discount shall not apply and such water user’s sewer charge shall be based on all water that is tributary to the sanitary sewer.
- The 25% discount provided for herein shall apply only to residential water users.
Multi-family, commercial, and industrial units not under City meter control may have sanitary sewage flow estimated which will be based on similar multi-family, commercial, or industrial units under City meter control whenever the City determines it would be impossible or impracticable to actually read such meter.
- The fee for refuse collection service shall be $51.60 per quarter.
- Lawn bag for grass disposal $1.35 per bag (effective April 1, 2015).
- The charge for on-call refuse collection service shall be $21.00 for larger items that can be handled by a maximum of two employees without the need of motorized equipment.
- Unscheduled pickups that are invoiced due to nonpayment shall also be assessed an administration fee of $28.00.