Building and Zoning Permits
Most permit applications must be submitted online by clicking on “Online Permit Applications” in the menu to the right. A few permit applications must be downloaded by clicking on “Download Permit Applications” in the menu to the right, and submitted via email, fax, mail or in person.
Payment is due after the permit is approved and may be paid as follows:
- Pay your permit fees in person at the Planning and Community Development Department.
- Pay your permit fee online here.
- Drop payment into the drop box at the Civic Center, 300 E. Central Ave. (Payments must be in an envelope and include your name, phone number and permit number.)
- Mail your payment to City of West Carrollton, 300 E. Central Ave., West Carrollton, Ohio 45449.
- View a list of permit fees
The Planning and Community Development Department can be reached at [email protected] or (937) 859-5783.
The City of West Carrollton contracts with a company called SAFEbuilt (https://safebuilt.com/) for building official services. These services include reviewing building permit applications and plans as well as conducting inspections of building projects, to ensure they meet state building code safety requirements. SAFEbuilt officials will be clearly identifiable in the community by carrying City IDs, and they will also have their SAFEbuilt IDs, be wearing SAFEbuilt apparel, and have SAFEbuilt magnetic signs on their vehicles to identify themselves to West Carrollton citizens. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Planning & Community Development at (937) 859-5783 or email [email protected].