FAQ Topic: Services & safety

When is leaf collection?

The street division will make continuous loops around the city for fall leaf collection beginning on Oct. 10, 2022 and ending on approximately Dec. 2, 2022.  Residents should expect at least one week or more between collections. Residents are encouraged to rake the leaves into piles along the curb, making sure the piles are free … Continued

Where are the local food pantries?

Boggs Mobile Food Pantry Website Pirate Packs Provides weekly food assistance to West Carrollton School children. Website Jon Lewallen , President (937) 623-5440 piratepacks411@gmail.com MUM Food Pantry Provides food assistance by appointment to citizens in West Carrollton. Serves all who reside in the West Carrollton City Schools district. Bryan Bigness (937) 249-0941 mumfoodpantry@gmail.com

How do I report a street light outage?

In order to report a street light outage, call the Utility Clerk at (937) 859-8280. Caller needs to provide the nearest street address and the vertical, black and white pole number.

Where is the Civic Center located?

The Civic Center is located at 300 E. Central Ave. West Carrollton, OH 45449. The city government administrative offices are located in the same building as the West Carrollton branch of the Dayton Metro Library and the West Carrollton Police Department.

Who do I call about police-related non-emergencies?

Call the non-emergency number of (937) 859-3688 to speak to a dispatcher about any non-emergency event or incident. An officer may be dispatched to the location of the situation based upon the details that have been presented by the caller. Check here for more information about the West Carrollton Police Department.

How do I get a copy of a police report?

Requests for copies of police reports can be made by calling the WC Police Department Records Clerk at (937) 859-7465; fax to (937) 847-6068 or e-mail recordsclerk@westcarrollton.org Check here for more information about the West Carrollton Police Department.

How do I file a police report?

The best way to file a report is to call the non-emergency number at (937) 859-3688 and describe your situation to the dispatcher. The dispatcher will send an officer to speak with you and he or she will obtain the necessary information in order to file the appropriate report. The officer will also be able … Continued

Can I put cut grass clippings in the garbage toter?

No, grass clippings must be placed in City of West Carrollton lawn and leaf bags. To purchase the brown grass collection bags at $1.35 each, visit the Utility Clerk at the Civic Center, 300 E. Central Ave. West Carrollton, OH 45449. The Civic Center is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The … Continued

What items can be recycled?

The city contracts with Rumpke to provide recycling services for West Carrollton residents. Many aluminum, glass, plastic, and paper products are accepted.  For a new recycling cart, call the Utility Clerk at (937) 859-8280 or e-mail waterclerk@westcarrollton.org.

How do I get rid of large garbage items that don’t fit it my toter?

If the bulk trash item weighs more than 50 pounds, you must wait for a free quarterly large trash pickup or schedule a $21 paid bulk pick up by calling the Utility Clerk at (937) 859-8280. Scheduled pickups must be paid by 4:30 p.m. on the Friday before pickup on the following Monday.

Close window