City News

December 4, 2023

The West Carrollton City Council is currently seeking volunteers for the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA).


The Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) hears and renders decisions on two types of applications: (1) an appeal which alleges an error was made in the administration or enforcement of the Zoning Code or other land use codes and (2) a request for a variance from the strict application of a provision of the Zoning Code or other land use codes due to practical difficulties. Per Section 9.03 of the West Carrollton City Charter, Board Members shall be residents of the Municipality who hold no other Municipal office or employment. Board members are selected by the Council for overlapping terms of five (5) years. The Board shall adopt its own rules and elect its own officers annually. It shall have all the power and authority conferred upon Boards of Zoning Appeals by state law and such other duties as may be imposed upon it by ordinance. Its members shall serve without compensation. The Board meets at the Civic Center on the second Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. This Board has one (1) vacant seat.
Please submit applications to Tracy Moore, Clerk of Council at [email protected] or you can fill out an application at