File Your Local Taxes
Deadline to file a 2021 City Income Tax Return is April 18, 2022
The City of West Carrollton’s due date for filing and paying individual 2021 West Carrollton income taxes is April 18, 2022. To avoid lines, we encourage individuals to file their returns as soon as they have their tax information ready.
If a taxpayer requests a Federal filing extension to October 15, 2022, that will be honored by the City of West Carrollton. This will be an extension of time to file, not an extension to pay. Your 2021 tax must still be paid by April 18, 2022, or late fees, penalties and interest charges will accrue.
The City of West Carrollton requires all residents age 18 and older to file an income tax return, regardless of whether or not tax is due. Residents age 65 years or older are not required to file if they do not have taxable income. The city’s income tax is 2.25 percent. Check out the FAQ page for answers to the most asked questions regarding filing City taxes. Find city income tax forms here.
There are options available to residents needing assistance filing their 2021 City of West Carrollton Income taxes. The Tax department will prepare and file the city tax forms and forward a copy to the taxpayer.
- Stop by the Civic Center, 300 E. Central Ave., – with your tax information – Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
- Submit your tax information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to omit the social security number prior to emailing.
- Drop your tax information into the drop box at the Civic Center.
If you are preparing your own tax return and simply want to file and pay (if necessary) you may:
- Mail your tax return to: City of West Carrollton, Income Tax Department, 300 E. Central Ave., West Carrollton, Ohio 45449. (payment can be included or pay online)
- File your local income taxes online here. To file online, your account number is the alpha-numeric number directly above your name on your preprinted return.
- Drop your tax return into the drop box at the Civic Center (payment can be included or pay online)
- Pay your taxes online here.