The City of West Carrollton is accepting applications for the position of Full-time Firefighter/Paramedic.
The 2023 salary range is $63,305.96 – $86,543.84 annually dependent on qualifications, including holiday pay, plus benefits.
Under the direction of Fire Captain, performs all functions associated with fire suppression, EMS, fire prevention, and station/equipment maintenance activities. The complete description can be downloaded below.
Must possess and provide copies of the following required current certifications:
(1) Firefighter Level II – State of Ohio,
(2) Paramedic – State of Ohio, or EMT – State of Ohio and ability to obtain Paramedic – State of Ohio within 12 months of hire date,
(3) NIMS ICS-100 and IS-700 training certificates,
(4) Ability to obtain Fire Safety Inspector – State of Ohio, within within 12 months of hire date,
(5) Healthcare Provider CPR,
(6) Current Montgomery County, Ohio standing orders will be required within 60 days of hire date.
(7) Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
(8) Candidate must demonstrate the ability to legally and safely drive and operate all fire department and EMS vehicles. Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license.
Applications and required materials can be be downloaded below or can be picked up in person at the West Carrollton Civic Center, 300 E. Central Ave., Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Application, cover letter, and resume can be returned in person to Tracy Rankin at the Civic Center during normal business hours. Electronic applications will also be accepted with attachments in .pdf or Microsoft word format. Input ‘Full-time Firefighter ‘ into the subject line and e-mail to email@example.com
Download Division of Fire Application
Download Testing Information
Download Position Description
Completed application materials must include all requested certifications and documentation.
Submission deadline is February 1, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Selection process includes: a review of application, and may include a physical ability test, FireTEAM Testing, oral board, and a drug test. Candidate will be required to successfully complete a psychological assessment, background, polygraph, and driver’s license check. Appointment procedure will be based on the number of qualified candidates. Positions are opened until filled.
Lateral Entry Wage and Benefits:
Candidates that meet entry level requirements and are presently working as a full-time firefighter/paramedic for another public agency may be considered for a lateral entry pay range, depending on experience and time in grade as determined by the Fire Chief on a case-by-case basis. Vacation accrual credit will be awarded with prior full-time government service. Accrued sick leave is transferrable with verification from previous local government employer.
The City of West Carrollton is an EOE and encourages female and minority candidates to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org