FAQ Topic: Permits & licensing

Do I need a permit to have an outdoor fire?

No permit is required for recreational fires. However, under Ohio law, the city observes the following rules and regulations for recreational fires: • The only material that can be burned is clean dry wood as the fuel • No yard waste (grass, tree limbs, leaves etc.), garbage, furniture, construction waste, tires, plastics or plastic coated wire is … Continued

How do I obtain a permit?

For information about obtaining permits, please check the Planning & Community Development Department; call (937) 859-5184; or e-mail building@westcarrollton.org

How do I register my vehicle?

For information about registering a vehicle, check the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles website or call (937) 866-9511

How do I get my pet licensed?

The Montgomery County Auditor’s Office handles dog licenses in Montgomery County. For more information, call (937) 225-4314 or check the website.

How do I file for a liquor license?

Applications for liquor licenses are coordinated through the Ohio Department of Commerce. Information, including application forms, can be found at http://www.com.ohio.gov/

How do I get a copy of a birth certificate?

Birth certificates for anyone born in Montgomery County, Ohio, are available through the Bureau of Vital Statistics of Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County. For more information, call (937) 225-6366 or check www.phdmc.org/resources/vitalstats.

How do I get a marriage license?

The Marriage License Bureau is located on the second floor of the Montgomery County Courts Building, 41 N. Perry St., Dayton, OH 45402.  Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. on Monday thru Friday. For more information, see www.mcohio.org/government/courts/common_pleas_court_-_probate_division/marriage_license.php

Close window