Utility Superintendent (full-time)
Pay range $2,814.93 – $3,717.45 (bi-weekly, salaried), DOQ with benefits
Applications are being accepted for the position of Utility Superintendent. The Utility Superintendent position reports to the Service Director and is responsible for the technical, administrative and supervisory work associated with water treatment, wastewater treatment, industrial pretreatment, and the operation and maintenance of the Water Distribution System and the Sewer Collection System within the Service Department. The Utility Superintendent performs a variety of tasks that meet the requirements and regulations of the Ohio EPA, and performs any other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications at Time of Application: The successful candidate will possess excellent computer, communication and public relations skills as well as:
- a valid driver’s license
- a minimum of 3-4 years of progressively responsible experience in water and wastewater treatment
- possession of a Class II Ohio EPA Water Supply Operator Certificate
- possession of a Class II Ohio EPA Wastewater Works Operator Certificate
- must be in good physical condition, i.e., ability to meet Essential Functions of Position and drug testing as required by the State of Ohio and/or the City of West Carrollton
Desirable Training and Experience at Time of Application:
- a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or related field supplemented by some experience in routine supervisory activities; or any combination of training and experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Employment applications can be picked up Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the West Carrollton Civic Center, 300 East Central Avenue, OR can be electronically downloaded and submitted.
Please submit the following:
1. completed employment application
2. cover letter and resume
3. copy of ALL required qualifications
to the Human Resources Manager, City of West Carrollton, 300 East Central Avenue, West Carrollton, Ohio 45449. Electronic applications will also be accepted with attachments in .pdf or Microsoft word format. Input ‘Utility Superintendent’ into the subject line and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. First review of applications begins Monday, July 11, 2022. Position is open until filled. Minority and female candidates are encouraged to apply/EOE.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and a fitness for duty exam.