Parks & Recreation Department
Salary Range $10.10 – $11.22
GENERAL NATURE OF WORK: This is semi-skilled seasonal work in the City of West Carrollton’s Department of Parks and Recreation. An employee in this class is responsible for the performance of a variety of types of physical labor related to the maintenance of all City buildings, parks, right-of-ways, and recreation facilities. Duties are performed under the direction of the General Maintenance Supervisor.
EQUIPMENT & JOB LOCATION: This position requires a thorough knowledge of the operation of tools and equipment, including: a variety of hand and garden tools, lawn mowers, tractors, transportation vehicles, and construction vehicles. The primary work site is the City’s parks, right-of-ways, and the City’s recreation facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in all positions in this class.
- Performs seasonal work such as snow lawn mowing.
- Performs assorted lawn care activities such as mulching, weeding, trimming, and fertilizing.
- Picks up trash and litter; bags trash for disposal.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms at the City’s parks.
- Assists with seasonal duties such as spring/summer startup for City swimming pool and other recreational facilities and winterization shut-down activities.
- Assists with the installation and repair of playground equipment.
- Assists with the preparation of fields for games (baseball, softball, football, and soccer), including dragging and lining the field.
- Assists with the set-up and clean-up for assorted special events for the City; including placement of special banners, flags, and holiday decorations.
- Performs tasks such as carpentry, masonry, and painting.
- Operates a variety of vehicles, machines, and equipment appropriate to job related tasks.
- Operates light equipment such as tractors and mowers.
- Performs maintenance on tools, equipment, and vehicles as necessary.
- Keeps the garage neat and clean.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with city officials, fellow employees, other city employees, and the general public.
- General knowledge of landscaping and grounds maintenance and corresponding techniques.
- General knowledge of the operation, care, and maintenance of tools and equipment utilized in the performance of assigned duties.
- General knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to operate maintenance tools and vehicles.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Skill in dealing firmly, tactfully, and courteously with the general public and city employees.
- Ability to work under the direction of the General Maintenance Supervisor.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from a standard high school, or the equivalent; or any combination of training and experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain promptly, a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Ability to work other than normal working hours, and to work various shifts as necessary.
An inclusive Position Description can be downloaded below. Applications can also be downloaded or can be picked up at the West Carrollton Civic Center, 300 E. Central Ave., between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday:
Download Employment Application
Download Position Description
Please submit the following:
1. completed employment application
2. copy of drivers license
Please send the completed employment application and other documents to the attention of Tracy Rankin-Moore, Secretary to the City Manager, City of West Carrollton, 300 East Central Avenue, West Carrollton, Ohio 45449.
The City of West Carrollton requires a pre-employment drug test. Minority and female candidates are encouraged to apply/EOE.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com