The City of West Carrollton, Ohio is seeking candidates for the position of Finance Director. Located in southwest Ohio, approximately 10 miles south of downtown Dayton, West Carrollton has a residential population of over 13,129 residents and is approximate 6 square miles. The Finance Department has a staff of 6 full-time employees and 1 part-time employee. The starting salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefit package. The current salary range for this position is $87,472 – $111,794.
- Comprehensive knowledge of governmental accounting and finance practices, accounting systems and financial data processing systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state, and federal taxation laws (including income taxation) and bankruptcy laws.
- Ability to plan, schedule, direct, and coordinate the work and operations of the department.
- Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment and discretion in carrying out daily operations.
- Ability to conduct long- and short-term financial forecasting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with city officials, fellow employees, other city employees, and the general public.
- See Position Description for a more comprehensive list of requirements.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a baccalaureate degree in finance, accounting, business, public administration or a related field; supplemented by considerable progressively responsible experience in accounting, budgeting, finance, or related field; with at least three years of municipal government experience and two years of supervisory experience, or any combination of training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain promptly, a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Must be able to meet requirements to be bonded.
- Ability to work other than normal working hours.
Please submit the following:
1. A cover letter addressing the reasons for your interest in this position;
2. A resume including detailed information relative to the qualifications specified;
3. At least three (3) letters of reference or contact information for references; and
4. A completed employment application.
to the Human Resources Manager, City of West Carrollton, 300 East Central Avenue, West Carrollton, Ohio 45449. Electronic applications will also be accepted with attachments in .pdf or Microsoft word format. Input ‘Finance Director’ into the subject line and e-mail to email@example.com. Employment applications can be electronically downloaded and submitted or picked up Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the West Carrollton Civic Center, 300 East Central Avenue.
The application period is open until filled. Initial review of applications will begin August 15, 2022. The offer of employment to the finalist will be conditional upon the results of a thorough background investigation. Minority and female candidates are encouraged to apply/EOE.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and a fitness for duty exam.