A representative from the Montgomery County Animal Resource Center (ARC) will be in the Civic Center Lobby, 300 E. Central Ave., from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, and Thursday, Jan. 27, to sell 2022 dog licenses.
All dogs over the age of three months are required to be licensed. The cost is $20 for spayed or neutered dogs and $24 for unaltered dogs. Only cash or check will be accepted. Exact change is requested. The deadline to avoid late fees is January 31. Licensing can also be completed online at www.mcohio.org/dogs.
A few benefits of dog licensing:
- A dog license can be traced 24 hours a day, 365 a year through the Montgomery County Auditor’s website;
- If your dog goes missing, a dog license tag provides a quick and accurate way of notifying you if someone else finds your pet;
- Provides legal proof of ownership;
- Licensed dogs, by law, are able to be housed at the ARC Shelter 14 days before becoming the property of the county;
- Revenue from licensing is the major source of funding for the Shelter which helps serve the community and pets of Montgomery County through effective public safety, humane animal welfare, and connecting pets to forever homes.
For more information, call the Montgomery County Animal Resource Center at (937) 225-4314.