The city of West Carrollton is closely monitoring developments as the Ohio Department of Health’s ‘statewide curfew’ goes into effect Thursday, Nov. 19, as well as Dayton Montgomery County Public Health’s ‘stay at home’ health advisory.
The city of West Carrollton’s Civic Center remains open for business; and staff are available to the community in person, by phone, email and the website (westcarrollton.org).
At this time, all current Senior Citizen Center reservations will be canceled beginning Monday, November 23 through December 31. No new reservations will be accepted until further notice. The Civic Center lobby and community room are not available for public meetings.
The following procedures and preventative measures continue to be implemented in the city:
• All city of West Carrollton Government buildings EXCEPT the Civic Center/Police Department are closed to the public until further notice (Fire Stations, Water plant, Service garages, etc.)
• All facilities are cleaned routinely with particular attention to frequently touched surfaces.
• City council meetings continue as scheduled. Meetings are open to the public; however, we encourage you to watch the televised meetings to help maintain social distancing practices.
• Mayor’s court continues as scheduled; social distancing and enhanced cleaning practices are in place.
• West Carrollton parks remain open during regularly scheduled hours.
The City urges our residents to wear masks when required, maintain social distancing practices and be aware of gathering in groups during this time. The mayor, city council members and city administrative leadership encourage you to stay informed with up-to-date health information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Ohio Department of Health, and Public Health-Dayton & Montgomery County.
City leadership wants to ensure that our community stays healthy and safe and we are committed to maintaining the same high level of service for our residents during this time.
Please continue to monitor our website and social media pages for updates as the situation continues to develop.