As situations evolve on a daily basis, the City of West Carrollton is issuing an update on protocol and procedures. We are proactively taking steps to continue to protect the health of our employees while providing essential services to our citizens. Mayor’s court will remain open and lobby access will be available only during court proceeding times.
As of 4:30 p.m. March 18, 2020, the City of West Carrollton is suspending in person, face-to-face interaction for city office functions until further notice. This includes the finance department, utility department, and zoning and permit functions.
The Finance Department is closing public access to ensure that we are able to sustain our operations during the tax season. We will be available to citizens during normal business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (937) 859-8288 to assist you with your tax and finance questions.
There continue to be four options to prepare, file or pay your city income taxes:
• File your local income taxes online here.
• Submit your tax information via email to email@example.com.
• Mail your tax return information (West Carrollton tax form, W2s, 1099 Miscellaneous, etc.) to City of West Carrollton, 300 E. Central Ave., West Carrollton, Ohio 45449.
• Drop your tax information into the drop box at the Civic Center, 300 E. Central Ave.
o All forms must be in an envelope and include your name, phone number, and email address (if available.)
We are here to help! The West Carrollton income tax staff will prepare and process the return. We will work with you to ensure your filing is complete and processed in a timely manner. To pay a return you can mail a check to: City of West Carrollton, 300 E. Central Ave., West Carrollton, Ohio 45449 or pay online here. City tax return due dates will follow the IRS 1040 due dates.
The Service Department has extended the due date of your utility bill until May 4, 2020.
There will be four options to pay your bill:
• Pay your bill online here.
• Pay your bill by phone. Call (937) 859-8280.
• Drop payment into the drop box at the Civic Center, 300 E. Central Ave.
o Payments must be in an envelope and include your name and phone number.
• Mail your bill to City of West Carrollton, 300 E. Central Ave., West Carrollton, Ohio 45449.
The Planning Department which includes permitting and code enforcement can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 859-5783.
City leadership continues to discuss further contingency plans that promote the health and safety of our community and staff while maintaining necessary services to our residents. As conditions evolve, the city may make changes to our daily operations.
Please continue to monitor our website and social media pages for updates as the situation continues to develop.