The city of West Carrollton is closely monitoring developments concerning the COVID-19 virus. All staff will continue to be available to the community by phone, email and our website.
Effective immediately, the city of West Carrollton is taking the following preventative measures:
• The Civic Center’s main lobby, 300 E. Central Ave., will close to the public until further notice beginning at 4:30 p.m. Monday, March 16, 2020.
• Access to the Civic Center’s finance, tax and utility departments will remain open at the East entry to the Civic Center only.
• The Dayton Metro Library has suspended operations however, outer doors to the library lobby will still be open for returns at the Automated Materials Handler.
• All city of West Carrollton Government buildings will be closed to the public until further notice.
• All facilities will maintain and enhance routine cleaning with particular attention to frequently touched surfaces.
• The Police department lobby will remain open 24 hours a day and has a direct-line phone to the Dispatch Center available should you need to speak with an officer at the building.
• West Carrollton Fire Department emergency services will not be affected. Current protocols and precautions continue but, are subject to change if conditions warrant. Fire stations will not be accessible to the public until further notice.
• If you have an emergency situation contact 911.
• For non-emergency situations contact dispatch at (937)859-3688.
• The West Carrollton Police Department is providing citizens the ability to provide information to an officer via phone for non-emergency issues to help maintain social distance for our residents. Persons can still request an officer be dispatched to their location if needed. For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• City council meetings will continue as scheduled. Meetings are open to the public; however, we encourage you to watch the televised meetings to help maintain social distancing practices.
• Mayor’s court will continue as scheduled. We will maintain social distancing and enhanced cleaning practices.
• Beginning in April, the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals meetings will be suspended until further notice.
• Beginning March 17, 2020, the Recreation Board and City Beautiful Commission meetings will be suspended until further notice.
• All Senior Center and Community Room reservations have been canceled through April 13, and no additional reservations will be accepted until further notice.
• West Carrollton parks will remain open during regularly scheduled hours. We will continue to accept park shelter reservations online or at email@example.com or (937)859-5182. We encourage residents to make use of the parks while maintaining social distance practices. While staff remain available to the public during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., we encourage residents to consider paying bills and filing city income tax returns online through the website, www.westcarrollton.org.
• For income tax forms or questions contact the Finance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937)859-8288.
• For the next quarterly water bill, the deadline for payment has been extended until May 4, 2020. Payment by this date will guarantee no disruption of service. Contact email@example.com or (937)859-8280 for questions.
• For zoning and permit application requests contact the Planning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937)859-5783. We ask that you apply for a permit online when possible.
We urge you to continue to engage in proper hygiene during this time. The mayor, city council members and city administrative leadership encourage you to stay informed with up-to-date health information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Ohio Department of Health, and Public Health-Dayton & Montgomery County.
City leadership will continue to discuss further contingency plans that promote the health and safety of our community and staff while maintaining necessary services to our residents. As conditions evolve, the city may make changes to our daily operations.
Please continue to monitor our website and social media pages for updates as the situation continues to develop.