As new operational requirements have been ordered by the Governor of Ohio, the City of West Carrollton is issuing an update on protocol and procedures. We continue to work to protect the health of our residents and employees while providing services to our citizens.
For the week of Monday, May 4, 2020, the City of West Carrollton will be providing in person, face-to-face appointments for city functions such as filing taxes, paying water bills, and applying for permits. All departments will require contacting them via email or phone to schedule an appointment time. It is recommended that all persons entering the building wear a face covering while conducting business with city staff.
To make an appointment during normal business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with the Finance Department email email@example.com or call (937) 859-8288.
To make an appointment with the Service Department email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (937)859-8280. As a reminder, the due date of the current utility bill has been extended until May 4, 2020.
To make an appointment with the Planning Department which includes permitting and code enforcement email email@example.com or call (937) 859-5783.
Mayor’s court will continue May 11, 2020. Occupancy and distancing requirements with markings and signage will be in place during court proceeding times.
Beginning Tuesday, May 12, 2020, the Civic Center, 300 E. Central Ave., will be open to the public to provide tax, utility, permitting, and parks services. The city will be observing the Ohio Department of Health’s occupancy and distancing requirements with markings and signage. All other Government buildings will remain closed to the public. All facilities continue to be frequently disinfected with particular attention to high-touch surfaces.
West Carrollton Fire Department current protocols and precautions continue but, are subject to change if conditions warrant. Fire stations will continue to be closed to the public until further notice.
Additional operational updates are as follows:
• City council meetings will continue as scheduled via Zoom through May 2020. Meetings are open to the public; to attend contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to watch the televised meetings on cable channel 5 or mvcc.net (recorded.)
• Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals meetings will be suspended until June 2020.
• Recreation Board and City Beautiful Commission meetings will be suspended until June 2020.
• The Senior Center and Community Room will not be available for reservations until further notice.
• Park shelter reservations are not being accepted until further notice. West Carrollton parks are open during regularly scheduled hours. We encourage residents to make use of the parks while maintaining physical distancing practices. Playgrounds and shelters are closed.
• Wilson Park Pool will be closed until further notice. Pool passes will not be sold at this time. We will provide updates as soon as available.
• The Police department lobby remains open 24 hours a day and has a direct-line phone to the Dispatch Center available should you need to speak with an officer at the building.
Please continue to monitor our website and social media pages for updates.